Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Animation

About three or four years ago, I made a graphic novel called "Maxwell Blink and the Disasterous Device!".  I wanted to do it just to see if I could do it, and also to force me to get better at drawing.  Looking back at it now, I still like the story, still like the dialogue, still like the characters, and the less said about the art the better.

So yesterday my good buddy Josh (photographer extraordinaire; animation scientist) of Studio 28 Media revealed to the world an animation he did of a big chase sequence from the story.  He'd shown me a total of about 4 seconds of it the past year or so, and for all I knew that was all he had.

What he actually had was a minute and eleven seconds of a full sequence from the graphic novel: colored, animated, and awesome.  There is no sound or music, so listen to something great while you're watching it.  Or just imagine lots of roars and tire squeals, crashes, booms, and yelling.

I'll post the video on here at some point, but for now you can head on over to his studio website to read his blog and watch it.  And if you know anybody in the Indiana area who is looking for the services of a talented photographer, send them his way.

Thumbs up, sir.

No comments: